How to use the Vivint Smart Hub in your Beaumont smart home
The Vivint Smart Hub is the center of your home’s security system as it connects your security sensors, cameras, locks, and thermostats into a cohesive system. This intuitive, 7-inch color touchscreen puts you in full charge of your Beaumont home’s security and automation. See what it can do and find recommendations to get started.
How can the Vivint Smart Hub in Beaumont benefit you?
Connecting wirelessly to components with radio frequencies and the Z-wave communications protocol, the Vivint Smart Hub is the control system for your property. You can disarm or arm your system, control lights, set the temperature, and more. When incorporating a doorbell camera, you may even speak to whoever’s on your front porch. The Vivint Smart Hub features cellular capability and a backup battery for added reliability. It also provides convenient remote operation through the Vivint mobile app.
Here’s an idea of the functions you can execute:
- View real-time or recorded video streams from all connected surveillance cameras
- Arm and disarm your system
- Toggle lights on or off
- Open or close your garage door
- Adjust your smart thermostat settings
- Talk directly to monitoring professionals
You can do even more with your Vivint Smart Hub in Beaumont by implementing schedules or establishing preferences. For instance, you can have your smart thermostat adjust automatically each night at a specified time. Or, you can incorporate preferences like having your front door unlock when the smoke detector goes off.
Steps for arming and disarming your home’s security
Before you get into all the fantastic things your Vivint Smart Hub can accomplish, you’ll want to know how to arm and disarm your system. It’s simple - just follow these steps:
- Touch the shield icon on the main screen and slide to the left for “Stay” and right for “Away.”
- Stay means you will be inside your home and arms all devices excluding interior doors and motion sensors.
- Away indicates you will be away, and everything in your home will engage.
- To disarm, all you need to do is swipe down on the shield icon and enter your PIN.
The Smart Hub will post a notification if the system isn’t ready to arm. For instance, an open window or door will cue you to act. Keep in mind that you can still arm your home’s security by following the steps above. You will then have to verify that you would like to ignore the sensor in question.
Add or remove users to your Vivint Smart Hub in Beaumont
Despite the fact that many users can be programmed when your system is installed, you will likely want to add or remove a user at some point. Here are step-by-step instructions to do so.
- Touch the menu icon (three dots) on the bottom right-hand side of the welcome screen.
- Tap “Users” and type in your PIN.
- Touch “Add new user” at the bottom.
- Press “Name,” enter the new user, and tap the Next button.
- If you would like to supply the user remote access, tap email or phone and provide the details to deliver an invitation.
- Touch Next and then create a PIN for the new user.
- To take out a user, simply navigate to the menu, tap users, pick the user you want to get rid of, and then press “Delete User.”
Secure and automate your home with Vivint
Would you like to take charge of your home’s automation and security through an intuitive touchscreen interface? You’ll enjoy the Vivint Smart Hub and your new Beaumont home security system. Call (409) 978-7822 to speak with a helpful Vivint agent.